Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 380g Di Martino Pennette Rigate
- 800g tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 250g minced beef
- 1 egg
- 50g bread crumbs
- 4 tbs evoo
- 30 g grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Basil to taste
- Salt to taste
1. Into a bowl pour the minced meat, the egg, a spoon of grated Parmigiano Reggiano, a pinch of salt and the bread crumbs previously soaked and squeezed, then knead altogether with your hands to get a homogeneous mixture.
2. Shape your small meatballs and put them aside. In a pan slightly brown the garlic into the oil, then remove it. Pour the tomato and cook over high heat for around 15 minutes.
3. Add the meatballs and some basil, then cook over low heat for 15 minutes more.
4. Cook pasta al dente into abundant salted water, then drain it and mix it to the sauce.
5. Serve with some Parmigiano and fresh basil.