Ingredients for 4 people
- 12 oz PGI Gragnano Fusilli Corti col Buco
- 8.8 oz Fresh squid
- 3.5 oz Smoked provola from Monti Lattari cheese
- 1.7 oz Sorrento walnuts
- 0.3 oz Pine nuts
- 1.7 oz PDO Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1.7 oz PDO Pecorino Romano cheese
- 17 oz Cherry tomatoes
- to taste Basil
- 1 Clove garlic
- 42 fl oz White wine
- to taste EVO oil
- to taste Salt and chilli pepper
- Clean the squid and finely cut the heads and bodies.
- In a pan, sauté the garlic and chilli pepper with the oil, then add the squid. After about 4 minutes, blend with the white wine, let it evaporate, then add the chopped tomatoes. Season with salt and continue cooking for about an hour, adding a little water if appropriate.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pesto. After washing the basil, put it in a blender together with the Sorrento walnuts, pine nuts, PDO Parmesan and Pecorino cheese, oil and salt. Mix everything until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- At this point, cook the PGI Gragnano Fusilli Corti col Buco into abundant salted water, drain them al dente and add them to the previously heated squid ragout. Add the diced smoked provola cheese and sauté everything for a few minutes. Season with basil pesto and oil.